Support around Mondo Rescue
First, when you have an issue, please try to read the various log files that Mondo Rescue produces. 99% of the time, the error is described in it in clear text. Those file are:
- /var/log/mindi.log (now included in the previous one if called from mondo)
Feel free to compress them if their size is greater than 400kB - limit of the mailing list attachements size. And the preferred way is to provide them as multiple files compressed, rather than a compressed tar file if possible :-)
Second look at the Mondo Rescue documentation and the extensive FAQ section of the Mondo Rescue HOWTO, as a lot of good tip and tricks are provided there as well as in the Wiki's FAQ and Documentation.
Third look at the Mondo Rescue wiki which may contain additional comments,and feel free to contribute by adding your remarks.
Fifth, if you're willing to help debugging the future Mondo Rescue versions, try the latest beta available under the test directory of our ftp server.
Finally post on the Mondo Rescue Mailing List if you did not find what you were looking for, as there are more than 400 users there who could help you, including dev team members. But, they can only help you if you provide at least the above mentioned 2 first log files.
If your think you found a bug in Mondo Rescue, please fill a bug report and also include the log files.
Likely, if you wish Mondo Rescue had your dreamed new shiny function, feel free to create a feature request.
Mondo Rescue Mailing Lists
There are 4 mailing lists for the Mondo Rescue Community:
- The Mondo Rescue Announce Mailing List with low traffic dedicated to annoucements around Mondo Rescue.
- The Mondo Rescue Mailing List with most of the traffic dedicated to discussions around Mondo Rescue.
Professional support services
For commercial support contracts for Mondo Rescue please contact one of the following companies:
- Linagora (France) - Contact: Support Service
- TC2L (Canada) - Contact: Support Service
- Miracle (Japan) - Contact: Support Service
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise (EMEA) - Contact: TS organization
For commercial enhancement and consulting services around Mondo Rescue, please contact one of the following companies: